Friday, February 14, 2020

Lloyd's return- a Lego Photostory


Hey ya'll!

So, it was a few days before Christmas, I had Elena and my first and favorite Lloyd minifigs in my jeans pocket. I was at a friends house, outside, at night, helping direct a Christmas play. The play went well, but backstage was a MESS. I was a mess, everything was a mess, it was so so hectic, I was very glad when it was over, and we could go inside and have cookies and hot cider. I was late, I was finally relaxed, having finished my cookies, about ready to go home, my hand strays to my pocket. Only one mini figure is inside. PANIC.
A quick check confirms that Elena is still here, but Lloyd is gone. I give a hurried explanation to my friend and rush outside, pulling on my coat, tripping on the uneven ground before I turn on my phone flashlight. I scoured the entire area we were multiple times with that flashlight. I can't find him. By the end of it, I'm crying. Yes, a perfectly undignified 17 year old crying over a lost toy. hey, he's special.
My friend rounds up her brothers and searches for him later, in daylight. A few weeks ago, I searched for him again, in daylight. Couldn't find him. But by then, I had accepted the fact he may have to be replaced, and had found a suitable replacement on ebay. It was killing my inside to do that, (Toy story 3, anyone? TRAUMATIZED me.) But I also knew I would soon forget, and start treating the new one like he was the old one. Sure enough, I did, as soon as I'd clicked the purchase button. XD

So here is a photo story I made the morning after Lloyd arrived, I wish I'd taken some behind the scenes shots, they would have been hilarious. 😄 
(imagine: paper and pieces of torn apart mini figures strewn over the table, an unexpected assortment of objects holding up more paper, and curious sibling faces and hands getting into eVeRyThInG)

 *knocking*
Elena: GUYS!! HE'S HERE!!!

Elena: I can't believe you're here, I'm so happy!
Lloyd: It's so good to to see you, I've really missed you!
Elena: Same!

Lloyd: Hey guys!
Movie Lloyd: 'Sup man!
SE9 Lloyd: Glad you're back!
Elena in background: !!!!

*footsteps*

Lloyd: Ah, here she is! This is Cyren, I met her while I was making my way back. Cyren, this is Elena, and a few of my cousins.
Elena: *gasp* you made a friend! Welcome, Cyren!

Elena:You're going to fit in great here, Cyren! I'll introduce you to Scarlett and her family, they're also pirates!
Cyren: Thank you! It's so nice to finally meet you, btw, Lloyd talks about you a lot! I'm happy to be here, but there's just one thing...
Elena: One of us is gonna have to change our hair.
Cyren: Exactly.
*both laughing* 

Lloyd: So, what happened while I was gone? How were the holidays? 
Movie Lloyd: Oh yeah, thanks for getting lost three days before Christmas. Really threw off the mood.
SE9 Lloyd: Elena spent like a week crying. It wouldn't have been too bad, but she was listening to "All I Want for Christmas is You" on REPEAT.
Lloyd: *winces* Oooh. Yikes.
Movie Lloyd: It was awful.

**********************

I hope you found this amusing as I did :D 
(and for anybody wondering, no, he did not arrive with that face, I swapped it for the story, since the expression fit better.) 
(same with Elena lol, thats not her face XD)
I feel like it had too many exclamation points, and it was told in a shorter, choppier tone, but it was written for instagram first, and nobody on insta (besides me) has time to read all that. -_-
But it was fun to make, so there's that. :)
Have a great day,
Bye,
Happy Valentines day. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment