Monday, August 1, 2016

Doll dinning - part 10 - dessert - mini cakes



Hi! How's August starting? Mine started with reading jurassic park. People get eaten. A lot. And whoever manages not to eaten is mauled. XP 
I didn't do a July recap like so many bloggers, I forgot and I'm lazy. ;) Maybe I'll do an August recap. 
Now, these mini cakes are supposed to be the kind of single serving ones, that are more like one and a half servings, and your mom never lets you get one. :( 

You will need:
1. Craft foam
2. Puffy paint
3. Wax or parchment paper
4. Scissors, a quarter, and hot glue or glue

Step 1. Get your craft foam, quarter, and scissors. The craft foam should be the color of the frosting on your mini cake.

Step 2. Cut out two circles in the craft foam that are a little larger than the quarter.

Step 3. Now cut a strip that is 1" tall and about 4" long.

Step 4. Now hot glue or glue them into a cylinder. Hopefully you can see what I'm saying. There should be a round piece on the top and the bottom.

Step 5. Now the fun part! Put your cylinder on the wax or parchment paper, and decorate with puffy paint for icing. You can do squiggles, lines, dots, or I did a very bad flower. Oh, and in the pic I used plastic wrap. DO NOT USE PLASTIC WRAP! It will not work, I had to cut it off mine, and there's still some stuck on the bottom.

Step 6. When it has dried, you can peel it off the wax or parchment paper, or add more 'icing' like I did. 

And now you have a delicious dessert!

And here's another one I made, that was to big. :P
And I've been forgetting to say this, but go ahead and add it to your menu.

And I wish I could be the size of cat, so I can do what my cat is doing:
I don't know if you can tell, but he's on top of an air vent. *glares at the happy cat*
Bye!

2 comments: