Monday, August 8, 2016

Doll sized mouse droid


Hey ya'll! Do you remember mouse droids? They're the little boxy like things that drive around squeaking on the death stars.

 (Ugh, why won't this do what I tell it to do?)
Any way....
You will need:
1. Cardboard
2. Tooth picks
3. Black paint
4. Pony beads
5. A ruler, pencil/pen, hot glue, scissors, an exacto knife, (optional) and mod podge (optional)

Step 1. Cut out a rectangle that is 1 1/2" by 2 1/2".

Step 2. Now make some rhombuses for the sides. The short ones should be 1 1/2" by 2", while 1" between the two lines, then just draw the slants. The long ones should be 2 1/2" by 3 1/4", while 1" apart, then draw the slants.

Step 3. Now glue them together. Now I forgot this part, but glue a larger piece of cardboard to the bottom, so it has that ridge.


Step 4. Now cut a rectangle 2 1/4" by 1 1/4", and some rhombuses, the long ones should be 2 1/4" by 3 1/4", while 1/2" tall, then draw the slants. The short ones should be 1 1/4" by 2 1/4", while 1/2" tall.

Step 5. Now glue the pieces together, and glue them on to the flat piece that I forgot. :p

Step 6. Glue four pony beads, (if they are already black, you won't have to paint them) onto the bottom for wheels. And after I took the picture, I filled the holes with hot glue and painted that.  
 Step 7. Cut out another rectangle, 1" by 3/4", and use an exacto knife or the tip of your scissors to cut the top so it looks like teeny little buttons.

Step 8. Now glue it to the side of your droid.

Step 9. Cut out two little thin strips of cardboard, and glue bits of toothpick to them.

Now glue the little strips on like in the picture.

Step 10. now go ahead and paint it all black.

Step 11. Now you can use a small brush to fix up the cracks, and add a few layers of mod podge if you want.
You are done!
And I wanted to show you a picture I drew of my custom light saber. (I've been on a star wars streak lately, have you noticed?) The brown is thin strips of leather, so I have a good grip, and the black is metal, and much thicker, so my hands don't slip off the end. The red button is to turn it on, and of course, the blade is green.
And Hazel announced that She's opening an etsy shop! How cool is that? Any way, I gotta run. Bye!

1 comment: