Monday, April 11, 2016

Going to America - Part 2


In this part I will show you how to make boots. Sewing works best, but if you don't know how to sew, glue will work.

For the boots you will need:
1. Vinyl works best, but felt or fleece will work.
2. Brown yarn
3. Scissors 
4. Needle and thread, or glue

Step 1. Trace your doll's foot on your vinyl, (I didn't have any, so I used fleece) and cut it out.


Step 2. Cut out a strip long enough to go around the sole, and about 3-4 inches high.

Step 3. Cut it like this, so it looks like a boot, and sew in together.

When turned inside out, it should look like this:

Step 4. Poke two little holes in the front and lace a piece of yarn in them for the ties.

Repeat for the other boot, and you are done!


My mom had Kirsten's boots, and she says that these are perfect replicas! 

If you are wondering what happened to the boots my mom had, we still have one, but it is squashed, has no ties, and a tear in the side mended with horrible stitches that I did when I was 8, and all proud that I fixed it. :p   
 That is what happens when you let little girls play with your 25-ish year old doll.
And mom doesn't regret it!
I think....
               

2 comments: