Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Selcouth Award



Hey girls! I know there have been a lag on interesting doll posts, I lost the i-pod, sorry, but I am here with another writing post. :p
The Selcouth Award.jpg
                                                                         (via)


The rules
1. Thank the blog that nominated you (and a link if you’re willing). 
2. Nominate 5-10 blogs (links too!).
3. Answer the 13 questions given, and give the definition of your favorite (or just beautiful) word.
4. Ask 13 questions of your own. They must all be about writing, reading, books or book characters. Make them as creative/wacky/selcouth as can be!
5. Post the rules and the picture in your post!

I was nominated by Grace. Thank you Grace!

The questions


  1. When did you start writing/blogging?
  2. What was your motive to start writing/blogging?
  3. What is you favorite genre(s) to read/write?
  4. Is there a genre you just cannot stand?
  5. Who is your favorite character that you have made up yourself?
  6. Who is your favorite character of another author?
  7. Are you a pantser or planner?
  8. What is your favorite thing about reading/writing/blogging? (This could be a feeling, inspiration, etc.)
  9. In what kind of working environment do you process thoughts well and come up with your best ideas?
  10. What is your favorite quote?
  11. What is a reading/writing achievement you are especially proud of?
  12. What is something a non-writer/blogger will never understand?
  13. Lastly, what is your favorite word, and why? 
1. When did you start writing/blogging?
I started writing when I was little, but I rarely actually wrote them down. I just made up these stories, and I would tell them to my siblings. Even now I don't like to write them down. :p I started blogging earlier this year, in March.

2.What was your motive to start writing/blogging?
I don't know what my motive was to start writing, but my motive to blog was that I wanted to share my crafts with more people than my sisters.

3. What is your favorite genre(s) to read/write?
Oh, fantasy definitely. :)

4. Is there a genre you just cannot stand?
I don't know, I guess romance? I don't mind romance on the side, (that sounds so weird XD ) but when romance is what the whole book is about, then uh-uh.

5. Who is your favorite character that you have made up yourself?
Hmm. Hmm. I'll say Allie, the main character in a book I'm going to show you soon. :)

6. Who is your favorite character of another author? 
AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE ASKING ME TO CHOOSE????
 Ok, here's a not-so-short list. :p
Hermione
Dumbledore
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Annabeth Chase 
Percy Jackson
Leo Valdez
Alyss (The rangers apprentice)
Primrose Everdeen
Rue
Peeta Melark
Sophie Foster
Keefe
Dex
Biana Vacker 

7. Are you a pantser or a planer?
I'm in the middle. ;)

8. What is your favorite thing about reading/writing/blogging? (This could be a feeling, inspiration, etc.)
My favorite thing about reading is that I get taken to another world, it's awesome. :) My favorite thing about writing, is that if I forget parts of the stories I make up, (HA! As if. XD ) I have it written down so it's not gone forever. My favorite part of blogging is getting nice comments. :) Thank you all!

9. In what kind of working environment do you process thoughts well and come up with your best ideas? 
In bed, when I should be sleeping. XD

10. What is you favorite quote?
Quotes? jeez, I dunno, I don't DO quotes, How about this one:
quote-Oliver-Wendell-Holmes-we-do-not-quit-playing-because-we-91193_1.png (1000×562)
(image not mine)

11. What is a reading/writing achievement you are especially proud of?
Well, once I read for like, forty hours in a week for a contest my library was having, and I won two all day tickets to the state fair. :)

12. What is something a non writer/blogger will never understand?
Writers block. A non writer/blogger will never understand how writers block works. 

13. Lastly, what is your favorite word, and why?
Flibbertigibbet! It's so fun to say! XD

I nominate:
Hazel, thestorydolls
Tory, americangirl-ify
Kara, dollworld
PnA H, kaitsagcrafts
And I can't think of a fifth person, so I also nominate anyone who likes saying 'flibbertigibbet' XD 

The questions for the nominees:
1. When did you start writing/blogging?
2. What is your favorite thing to write/blog about?
3. What's your favorite book? Who's your favorite character in that book?
4. Have you read Harry Potter? If you have, what house are you in? (I'm in Ravenclaw)
5. What's your least favorite book?
6. When you're reading, do you like sad endings or happy endings?
7. When you're writing/telling a story, do you like sad endings or happy endings?
8. Do you end up in crazy positions when you're reading? (Like upside down, or something.)
9. Have you ever read, or tried to read, a book in a different language?
10. Do you read during long car rides?
11. What's better, the book or the movie? 
12. Do you have an ENORMOUS collection of half filled notebooks? 
13. Lastly, what is your favorite word, and why?


Bye!


P.S. Isn't it so pretty? I love canva!

2 comments: