Wednesday, August 30, 2017

CWWC #8 (last one)





Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I didn't write the last one, and I have no excuse. 😕 But I'm doing this one. 😃

Loren, thank you so much for hosting this! It was fun. 🙂 I used all three prompts, and placed them where I used them. 

******************************************************************************

I stepped inside the gas station, greeted by a warn blast of air that melted the snow off my coat and hair. It was empty, not strange, considering this time of night, except for the cashier, a bored looking blonde woman with bright pink eye shadow. 
I walked up to the counter, and she blew a large green bubble of gum, popping it as I reached her. "Whadda ya want?" She asked indifferently. 
"Well, I got lost, and I would like to know where I am please."
"And why should I care? No one stays in the Valley for very long. Why should I help ya leave?"  
thevalley
"Maybe they would stay longer if you were a little more polite." I muttered to myself. Luckily, she had chosen this moment to pop another bubble, so she didn't hear me. "So, is that this place's name? Valley?" 
"Yeah."
"I've never heard of it."
She snorted. "O'course ya haven't."
I was getting frustrated. "How do I get out of here?"
"There's a freeway exit around here somewhere, probably towards the north. Now listen hon, are ya leavin'? Or are ya goin' ta jabber all night?" 
I gave a small sigh. 
"Thank you for your help." I turned and walked out the door, I could hear her snort again behind me, and the sound of another popping bubble as I opened the door. I stepped out, instantly enveloped in a cold blast of winter wind. I shoved my hands deeper into my pockets, trying to retain some warmth. As I shuffled out to my car, I saw a blurry figure bent over the hood. What? Who is that, and what are they doing to my car? It's my only way out of here! I picked up the pace, but by the time I got there, the blurry figure was gone. The light snowfall has already given my car a dusting, and I see words written on the windshield: we should talk
Writing Prompt
I stand there, confused. How am I supposed to talk to them, whoever it is, if I don't even know who they are? And if I could find them, how do I know that they aren't really kidnappers? Then I notice a piece of paper tucked under the window wiper. It's a brochure for a hotel, I recognise it, we have one back home. It's large, popular, and safe. There's also directions, it's about 30 miles from here. I brush the snow off the windshield and get in the car, I could use some sleep. And this hotel sounds just about perfect. And if I find that person, maybe I'll talk to them.
Just maybe.   

******************************************************************************

Ok, no more writing, don't worry, though Loren has kept me very busy with that. 😄 The next post will either be some pictures of the dolls ready for hogwarts, or Kit's account on where we went. 
Have a beautiful day!
bye,


No comments:

Post a Comment